Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


House Setbacks: What are the required setbacks for my house?

Residential setbacks are determined by the zoning district in which a house is located. In some cases, they are also determined by a master plan and/or design standards for a particular neighborhood. If you know your house is not in a master plan and know what your property is zoned, you can use this handout to determine your setbacks. Home additions follow these same setbacks. We’ll need an address or Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) in order to find your zoning.

If you know you live in a master plan, you can consult your CC&Rs or call us or submit a question here on Contact Henderson and one of our planners will research it for you.

Here’s some more handouts for the setbacks of carports, accessory structures, and more.