Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


I have found a lost/stray pet: What to do I do?

If you have found a stray or lost dog, cat, rabbit, ferret or other domestic animal and you would like an Animal Control Officer to come and pick up the animal from your Henderson residence or business, please call 702-267-4970.

You may also bring the animal to the Henderson Animal Care & Control Facility located at 300 E. Galleria Drive in Henderson during business hours. You must have proof of Henderson ID to turn in a stray animal to the shelter. There is no charge to turn in a stray animal.

If you choose not to send or bring the animal to the shelter, Henderson Municipal code requires that you must call and report that you have found an animal. You have to provide shelter staff with a detailed description of the animal as well as your name and contact phone number to list in the shelter's lost and found folder.