Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Deceased animals: What to do if you see a deceased dog/cat in the road or my own pet has died.

Animal Control picks up stray domestic animals (dogs, cats, ferrets etc) from city roads or on private property. If a deceased animal is on the highway please contact Nevada Department of Transportation. Animal Control does not pick up deceased animal to include pigeons, rats, mice, horses or livestock.

Animal Control does not offer a service to remove your own deceased pet. However, if you are a Henderson resident (with proof of residency), you can bring your deceased pet to the shelter for a disposal fee of $10.00 (animal ashes are not available to be returned to the owner).

You may contact Animal Control at (702) 267-4970 or you can submit a contact Henderson to report a deceased animal in the road or on private property.