Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Hanging Trees/Plants: My neighbor's trees/plants are hanging over my property line, what are my rights and what can I do to solve the problem?

This matter is a private property matter between you and your neighbor and the City cannot assist you as there is not a violation of our Municipal Code. We would encourage you to contact an attorney to see what options are available. 

Should the branches encroach onto your property (meaning they have grown on your side of the wall) you are allowed to cut them back to the property line, however you may be liable for damages to the tree.

You can also contact the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada as they assist homeowners with private property matters.