Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Water/Sewer Bill Discounts: Can I receive a discount on my water/sewer bill?

The City of Henderson offers the following utility discount programs to qualifying customers:

Low-Income Discount
The City of Henderson will waive the monthly basic water and sewer service charge for residents enrolled in the Nevada Sewer or Energy Assistance Programs (EAP). To qualify, a customer must be a resident of Henderson and must be the primary account holder on the utility bill. Program participants are required to re-qualify annually by submitting proof of EAP enrollment. Qualification guidelines are determined by the State of Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services.

For more information on the Nevada Energy Assistance Program, contact:
Energy Assistance Program South
3330 East Flamingo Road, Suite 55
Las Vegas, NV 89121
Toll Free - 800.992.0900
Website -

For assistance with EAP Enrollment along with other services, contact:


178 Westminster Way

Henderson NV

8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday


City of Henderson Heritage Park Senior Facility - PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO ENSURE ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE
Senior Services Office
300 S Racetrack Rd. (at Burkholder Blvd.)
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday

Disability Discount
The City of Henderson waives the monthly basic water and sewer service charges for customers who are disabled.

In order to qualify for the discounted service, the customer receiving the discount must be the primary account holder on the utility bill, and the service address must be their primary residence.

Delayed Billing
The Delayed Billing Program assists customers whose only source of income is received once a month. It allows the primary account holder an additional week (7 days) to pay a bill without assessing a late fee.

How to apply
Submit a request through the Contact Henderson website.

If you are requesting the Low-Income Discount, attach proof of your EAP award letter to the case.

If you are requesting a Disability Discount, attach proof of disability to the case, e.g., Social Security Disability Benefit Verification Letter, VA Disability Rating Letter, or other government agency disability confirmation.