The City of Henderson Leak Adjustment Program (LAP) offers premise-based adjustments in the case of significant leaks. Adjustments consist of splitting the cost of excess consumption 50/50 between the customer and the city. Customers are responsible for all water that passes through the meter at their property regardless of whether intentionally used or not but may be eligible to apply for the Leak Adjustment Program if all program qualifications are met.
- Water consumption during leak was more than double that of the same monthly service periods the previous year (for up to three service periods)
- Leak causing the high consumption has been repaired
- Proof of repair has been provided (examples include receipts for labor, parts, equipment, photos, etc.)
- Water consumption has returned to normal for at least one subsequent service period
- Location has had active water service for 13 months prior to leak
- Request has been submitted for the Leak Adjustment Program within 12 months of leak
CONSUMPTION CALCULATION EXAMPLE:
Previous Years Consumption: 9,000 Gallons
Consumption During Leak: 460,000 gallons
Total Overage of Consumption: 460,000-9,000 = 451,000 gallons
Consumption Amount Used for Adjustment Calculations: 451,000 gallons
Consumption Charges for 451,000 gallons are split 50/50 between customer and City
Upon receipt and verification of required information, the leak adjustment will be applied to your account and appear as a credit on the subsequent bill.
Please note leak adjustments are limited to two (2) adjustments in five (5) years for qualified leak occurrences. The maximum adjustment is for three (3) service periods.
If you think you may qualify for this program, please click on the blue "submit a request or question" link below.