Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Report Water Waste: How do I report water waste/water running down the sidewalk/someone watering on a day different than the water schedule?

Common examples of water waste include:

  • Water flowing off private property

  • Watering outside of your assigned day or time

  • Draining a pool or spa into the street

  • Failure to repair a leak or broken sprinkler

  • When reporting water waste, be sure to include the time, date, location, and type of violation observed. You may also include your contact information if you would like to be contacted regarding your report, or you can choose to submit your report anonymously.

    Photos of the problem are often helpful, but not required. The most helpful picture is a wide shot of the area, with the suspected violation included in the frame, which helps us pinpoint the cause of the issue. If there is a broken fixture or sprinkler, a second, closer photo may be useful.

    To report water waste, click on the link below to submit a request or call the Department of Utility Services Customer Care Center at 702-267-5900. Staff are available to assist you during regular business hours Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.