Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Old Gasoline/Oil: What do I do with old gasoline/oil/paint that I don't want?

Household hazardous waste, such as used motor oil, paint, and pesticides can be taken to the Republic Services transfer station located at 560 Cape Horn Drive in Henderson or their recycling center located at 333 West Gowan Road in North Las Vegas. You can contact Republic Services at 735-5151 or visit the Republic Services website
to verify what materials can be accepted at their drop-off locations and to inquire about days and hours of operation. Residents who are already customers of Republic Services for residential trash collection will not be charged a fee however you will be required to show a copy of your last Republic Services residential bill and valid photo identification.

Additionally, some wastes such as used motor oil and lead-acid car batteries can be taken to local businesses that send the items out for recycling. For more information on this subject, contact the Southern Nevada Recycling Coordinator at 1-800-597-5865 or visit the Southern Nevada Recycling website.