Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Top Questions

Water/Sewer Service: How do I start and/or stop residential water/sewer service?
Requests to start or stop a residential service from individual U.S. citizens may be processed by contacting the Departm... (more)

I’m a property manager/realtor/other agent: How do I start/stop service at a property?
Service Requests from property managers, realtors, or other agents should be submitted by completing a case in Contact H... (more)

Water Meter Turn Off: How/where can I turn off my water meter?
1. Locate your water meter 2. Use a screwdriver to lift the lid off the water meter box (proceed to step 3 or 4). 3. In... (more)

Henderson Welfare Office: Where is the welfare office located?
If you need assistance from the Nevada Division of Health and Human Services Welfare Division you can reach them by call... (more)

Reporting animal concerns: How do I report a barking dog/loose dog or cat/animal abuse/excessive animal wa...
To file an on-line complaint, click on "submit a request or question" to be guided through the process. You may also cal... (more)

Curfew: Is there a curfew for children in Henderson?
Yes. Persons under 18 years of age may not be out between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday. On ... (more)

High Bill Due to Leak: I discovered and repaired a major leak at my property. Can I request an adjustment t...
The City offers a ONE-TIME leak adjustment in the case of some significant leaks. Adjustments consist of a discounted ra... (more)

Court Date: When is my next court date?
If you have a Traffic or Parking citation, the court date and time is noted on the bottom of your citation. ... (more)

Local Improvement District Bill: How do I pay or get information about my Local Improvement District (LID) ...
In an effort to more efficiently provide Local Improvement District (LID) information and improve the efficiency of proc... (more)

Local law/code: What is the local law/code regarding noise control?
Henderson Municipal Code Title 8.84 Noise Control addreses this concern. You may view and print ... (more)

Ride-along: Can people ride with an Officer to see what they do? How do I arrange for a ride-along?
You must be at least 18 years old and agree to a background check. If you have been convicted of a felony, you are not ... (more)

Firefighters gym:Why do Firefighters work out at public gyms?
Fighting fire is a very strenuous activity that requires fire personnel to be in top physical condition. Fire personnel... (more)

Fine Payment: I got a ticket. Where do I pay the fine?
Mail: Mail your check or money order to Henderson Municipal Court, PO Box 95050 - MS621, Henderson, NV 89015.... (more)

Report Water Waste: How do I report water waste/water running down the sidewalk/someone watering on a day d...
Common examples of water waste include:Water flowing off private property Watering outside of y... (more)

Warrant: Do I have a warrant?
If you are unsure about your case status, you may review the Henderson Municipal Court ... (more)

City Building Codes: What are the building codes the City of Henderson has adopted?
You may visit our ... (more)

Small Claims: How do I file a small claim court action in Henderson and where can I get the forms to start ...
Small Claims Court actions are civil lawsuits where the amount in dispute is $5000 or less and the defendant is a busine... (more)

Pickleball: Does the City of Henderson have any pickleball courts?
The City of Henderson Parks and Recreation Department has three tennis courts striped for pickleball. Two are located at... (more)

Permit Application: As a homeowner, can I apply for my own permits?
If you are the registered owner of the home, and it is your primary residence, you may pull your own building permits. T... (more)

Location and Hours: What are the Locations and Hours for Henderson Animal Care and Control Facility?
Henderson Animal Care and Control Facility300 E. GalleriaHenderson, Nevada 89011-1903The shelter’s gener... (more)

Demand Request: I need to request a demand showing the full amount due at a property or to clear a lien on ...
Our Department of Utility Services Customer Care Center can help you. Please submit your request below (one address per ... (more)

List of Job Opportunities: How can I find a current list of employment opportunities with the City of Hende...
You may view current job openings on our ... (more)

Alternative Sentencing Fees: Where do I pay fees I owe to Alternative Sentencing?
This information is "ONLY" for Alternative Sentencing, not Henderson Municipal Court fines. Online - ASDPayment... (more)

Police Report: How do I file a Police Report?
Call Communications (Dispatch) at 702-267-4913 and your call will be referred to a desk officer who will call you back a... (more)

Pet License: Does my pet have to have a license?
Henderson Municipal Code pertaining to licenses reads as follows: Every person owning, keeping, harboring or possessing ... (more)

Hanging Trees/Plants: My neighbor's trees/plants are hanging over my property line, what are my rights and ...
Overhanging trees and other landscape encroachments from a private property upon another's private property are outside ... (more)

Inoperable/Unregistered: Is there a code that deals with unlicensed, inoperable, or abandoned vehicles on p...
Inoperable or unregistered vehicle(s), or part(s) thereof, outside of an enclosed building on any lot are not allowed. P... (more)

Submit a comment/question/concern: How do I submit a comment, concern or question to the Mayor or my City ...
You may submit comments, questions or concerns via Contact Henderson. You may also write to the Office of the Mayor and... (more)

Park Reservations: How can I reserve an area of a park for parties and other events?
Our Parks Reservations office handles reservations for all Henderson parks. Their number is 702-267-5707 and office hour... (more)

Permit Information: Where do I find information regarding permits?
Permit information can be found at our Building & Fire Safety page on this website - ... (more)

Draining Pools and Spas: Can I drain my pool or spa into the street? How do I locate my sewer port?
Draining pool or spa water into the street is considered water waste, and may result in administrative fines. Draining p... (more)

Warrant: How can I take care of my warrant?
Failure to Pay warrants may be cleared by entering a plea and paying ... (more)

Water Pressure Problem: I think I have a problem with my water pressure.
Do you have a water softener?Many pressure problems are associated with malfunctioning or improp... (more)

Hydrant Meter Request: How do I request a temporary hydrant meter?
Requests are submitted by clicking on the "submit a request or question" link below. The following information is requir... (more)

Junk Vehicles: There are junk cars/a boat/motor home parked on my street. Is this legal?
Nevada Revised Statute 484.418-5 states: Parking for certain purposes prohibited. No person may park a vehicle upon an... (more)

Public records: How do I access Public Records?
To obtain a copy of a public record, contact the Records Division at 702-267-1419. A Records Technician will provide yo... (more)

Cornerstone Park: Will fishing, swimming, and the use of remote-controlled boats be allowed at Cornerstone...
Cornerstone Park is expected to open in October 2012. While the park does feature a lake, it is not intended for recreat... (more)

I’m a property manager/Realtor/other agent: How do I update/change my account information?
In order to update or change current account information such as an emergency contact phone number or the address where ... (more)

Leak Adjustment Program: I have requested an adjustment. If my request is approved, how much of an adjustme...
Customers are responsible for all water that passes through the water meter at their property, regardless of whether the... (more)

How do I start and/or stop commercial/irrigation water service
Requests to start or stop a commercial/irrigation water service should be submitted by completeing a case in Contact Hen... (more)

Late Payment: I am late paying my traffic / court fine. What should I do?
If your case is eligible, you may make your payment using the ... (more)

Court: Can I get a continuance / postponement / later date ?
... (more)

Tax ID Number: What is the City's tax ID number?
The City's tax ID number is EIN 88-6000720. ... (more)

Room Rentals at Recreation Centers: Do you have rooms that are available for rental?
Rooms are available for rental at our recreation centers (pending scheduling availability). For details, please visit th... (more)

Water/Sewer Bill Discounts: I am a senior citizen with limited income. Can I receive a discount on my water...
The City of Henderson will waive the monthly basic water and sewer service charge for seniors enrolled in the Nevada Ene... (more)

Court: Must I appear in Court for my traffic citation?
You must appear if:* You are a juvenile (a parent or legal guardian must accompany you)... (more)

Fine Payments: Can I make payments on my traffic / court fines, or have the fines reduced?
Only the Judge can reduce your fine when you enter a plea.You may request a payment plan in person whe... (more)

How do I get a water meter installed at a newly constructed home?
The City will install meters up to 2" in size for new developments. In order to schedule a meter install, please submit ... (more)

Recreational Swimming:What is recreational swimming?
Recreational swimming is open to all members of the public and includes the shallow areas of our pools. This is in contr... (more)

Watering schedule? What is my watering schedule?
Residential and commercial landscape irrigation is restricted to a certain number of days per week based on the season. ... (more)