Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


By Department Animal Control

Reporting animal concerns: How do I report a barking dog/loose dog or cat/animal abuse/excessive animal wa...
To file an on-line complaint, click on "submit a request or question" to be guided through the process. You may also cal... (more)

Location and Hours: What are the Locations and Hours for Henderson Animal Care and Control Facility?
Henderson Animal Care and Control Facility300 E. GalleriaHenderson, Nevada 89011-1903The shelter’s gener... (more)

Pet License: Does my pet have to have a license?
Henderson Municipal Code pertaining to licenses reads as follows: Every person owning, keeping, harboring or possessing ... (more)

Pet adoptions: How do I adopt a new pet? How much does it cost?
Adoption Fees:Cats/kittens.....$80.00Dogs/puppies..$90.00Ferrets.............$70.00Rabbits.............$... (more)

Deceased animals: Who handles deceased animals during and after hours?
Animal Control picks up stray domestic animals (dogs, cats, ferrets etc...). We do not offer a service to remove your ow... (more)

Pet Restrictions: Does my dog or cat need a leash in the park?
Yes.Per Henderson Municipal Code 7.08.020, Permitting animals to run at large is unlawful. The only public location ... (more)

Animal Bites: Do I need to report an animal bite?
Yes, anyone with knowledge that an animal bite has occurred is obligated by Henderson Municipal Code to report it to Ani... (more)

Lost pets: I lost my pet. Is he/she at your shelter?
You may access our lost and found pets by going to the PetHarbor we... (more)

Coyote sightings: Who do I contact if I see a coyote?
Urban Wildlife, including coyotes, mountain lions and bobcats are handled by the Nevada Department of Wildlife. Animal ... (more)

I found a dog, cat or ferret
If you have found a dog, cat or ferret or other domestic animal and you would like an Animal Control Officer to come and... (more)

Police Reports: How can I get a copy of the police report?
For a copy of a police report, contact the Records Division of the Police Department with your provided "DR" number at 7... (more)