Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Animal Bites: Do I need to report an animal bite?

Yes, anyone with knowledge that an animal bite has occurred is obligated by Henderson Municipal Code to report it to Animal Control. This includes the victim, medical facility or the pet owner. All bites inflicted by warm-blooded mammals must be reported to the rabies control authority, which, within the city limits of Henderson, is the Animal Control Bureau of the Henderson Police Department, at 702-267-4970. If you need to report a bite immediately and we are closed, please call the Henderson police department at 702-267-5000.
Please have the following information ready:

1)Victim's name, address, phone number and date of birth

2)Date, time, and location of bite incident

3)Brief description of injury and if medical treatment was obtained

4)Address of the residence where the biting animal resides OR where the animal was last seen

5)Description of the biting animal: species, breed, color, sex, collar color/type etc.