Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


By Department Building and Fire Safety

City Building Codes: What are the building codes the City of Henderson has adopted?
You may visit our ... (more)

Permit Application: As a homeowner, can I apply for my own permits?
If you are the registered owner of the home, and it is your primary residence, you may pull your own building permits. T... (more)

Permit Information: Where do I find information regarding permits?
Permit information can be found at our Building & Fire Safety page on this website - ... (more)

Permit: Does my neighbor have a permit?
Our permit specialists can answer your questions please call them at 702-267-3620 or fill out the request form on this w... (more)

Plan Check: How many plan sets do I need?
The number of plans sets required for submittal will depend on what is being built. Reference the ... (more)

Permit: How long is my permit good for?
When a permit is issued, the owner of the permit has 6 months to commence work on the structure or project. The permit ... (more)

Pool Safety: Where can I find information on the code and standards for pools?
View our ... (more)

Building/ Fire Inspector: How do I get in touch with my Building or Fire inspector?
You may call our Building & Fire Safety Department at 702-267-3900. Please have your permit number ready when you call.... (more)

Fire Code Violation: How do I report a fire code violation?
You may call our Fire Inspection Division at 702-267-3900 or fill out the request form on this website.... (more)

Poor Construction: If I know of or see poor construction techniques being used, what can I do?
You may call our Building Inspection Division at 702-267-3900 and ask for a miscellaneous inspection - info only or fill... (more)

Board of Appeals: How do I file an appeal to a decision by the Building and Fire Safety department?
Appeals to the Board of Appeals may be made from any written order, plan review correction,inspection correction, wr... (more)

Private Fire Hydrants: Do I need a permit for a private fire hydrant?
The Building & Fire Safety department requires building or property owners have their private fire hydrant systems inspe... (more)

Contractor Complaints: How do I register a complaints against a contractor?
Please follow the link to the Nevada Statre Contractors Board or you may call them at... (more)

Public Fire Hydrants: Who do I contact regarding maintenance of a public (yellow) fire hydrants?
Our utilities department is primarily responsible for maintenance of public hydrants. You may contact them at (702) 267-... (more)

Private Fire Hydrant: Who do I contact regarding maintenance of a private (red) fire hydrant?
The owner of the property is primarily responsible for maintenance of private hydrants - this includes ensuring water is... (more)