Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Meter Resize Requests: How do I request a meter resize?

The City of Henderson is currently offering eligible customers the opportunity to resize their water meter. Prior to requesting a meter resize, please consider the following:

• Properties with larger meters have higher water-usage thresholds, downsizing your meter could actually increase your water bills, particularly in the summer.

• Reducing your meter size may cause a reduction in water pressure/volume in your home or for your irrigation system. You should carefully consider the possible effects that the pressure reduction may have on your personal comfort and outdoor landscaping.

If you would like to submit a request to resize your meter, you must meet the following criteria:

• You must be the property owner of a RESIDENTIAL or IRRIGATION location. Commercial customers will be considered but must complete a Hydraulic Analysis and Civil Revision. If you are the property owner of a commercial location, DO NOT enter your request here. Please call Technical Services at 267-3670 for further information.

• Your residential and/or irrigation meter size must be 2" or smaller, and can only be reduced down one meter size.

• Homes with fire sprinklers are not eligible.

• Customer is responsible for all costs associated with downsizing the meter. If you are not satisfied with the results, you will also incur fees to return the meter to the original size. Fees to resize the meter are: 1” to ¾” - $210, 1.5” to 1” - $295, and 2” to 1.5” - $480.

If you have met all the criteria above, please submit a case and a Utility Services employee will be in touch to assist you with your request. If your request is approved, you will be required to pay applicable fees, sign an affidavit, and fill out a USIZ application.