Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Sewer Manhole Lid/Water Valve Cover Out of Place: What do I do if I see sewer manhole lid or water valve cover out of place or loose in the street?

Thank you for your inquiry to Contact Henderson. Displaced sewer manhole lids and water valve cover concerns should NOT be entered as cases or reported via email. All such issues should be reported to the Department of Utility Services' Customer Care Center by calling during regular business hours at 702-267-5900 (Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. till 5:30 p.m). Outside of regular business hours, contact the City of Henderson Police Dispatch non-emergency number at 702-267-4913. Staff will investigate your request, and displaced sewer manhole lids and/or water valve covers will be secured immediately. In some cases, the entire frame and cover may need to be excavated, removed, and replaced, which normally requires between 2 to 5 days. Thank you again for reporting this issue.