Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Off-Highway Vehicles: Why are some areas closed to Off-Highway Vehicles (OHV) use and where can I get more information about their locations and restrictions?

The Bureau of Land Management owns most of the land surrounding the developed areas of Henderson and Las Vegas and has several areas that are closed to OHV use. The closures are mainly designated to reduce the amount of dust that OHV use causes and to prevent damage to sensitive natural resources. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) monitors dust levels (they call it particulate matter, or PM10) and requires the Valley to stay below a certain level to protect public health. Visit the BLM's website for more information and a map of the closed areas at:

Bike Trails: Where can I find a map of bike trails in Henderson?

Henderson is updating our Master Bikes and Trails Plan, but the current version is available at:

Club Ride: What is Club Ride?

Club Ride is a commuter program administered by the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) to encourage alternative commuting choices (carpooling, transit, bicycling, etc.). Participants log each day they choose an alternative commute and become eligible for prizes and discounts at local businesses. The program is a major contributor to reducing congestion throughout the Valley - in 2008 RTC counted 320,078 single vehicle trips eliminated by people choosing to carpool or use another form of transportation. Join the program and get more information on the RTC's website: