Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Sign Permit: How do I obtain a sign permit?

A sign permit, which is required for certain wall and freestanding signs, may be obtained at the Building Department at Henderson City Hall (240 Water Street, Henderson, NV 89015). In order to obtain a sign permit, you must be a licensed C6 contractor by the State of Nevada and have a business license within the City of Henderson. Attached signs include most signs attached to, applied on, or supported by any part of a building. A freestanding sign includes most signs connected to the ground. Certain types of signs are excluded from regulation. Information concerning procedures related to Sign Permits is available from the Community Development Department signs webpage.