Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Permit: Do I need a permit to move a mobile home?

Building permits and over-dimensional load permits may be required. Over-dimensional, non-reducible load permits are issued only by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) Carson City, Over Dimensional Permits office, and require at least two business days' notice. Contact the Over Dimensional Permits Office at 775-888-7410 or 800-552-2127.

Please also contact the Building and Fire Safety Department at (702) 267-3620 and tell them you need a set-up permit for a mobile home.