Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Do I need a refuse license

Who Must Obtain:
No person shall engage in the business of receiving, collecting or transporting residential and/or commercial refuse or recyclable materials in the Town of Greece without first obtaining an annual license to conduct such business. License period runs from August 1 – July 31.

License will be issued by the Town of Greece upon completion of the application process and the payment of fees for such license as established by the Town Board. Nothing herein contained, however, shall be construed to prevent any person from transporting for the purpose of disposal such refuse, bulky refuse, yard waste or recyclable materials as is normally generated by such person on his own premises or in his own business.

Was this answer helpful?