Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


How can I use Small Claims Court?

You can use Small Claims Court for many different types of cases. A few examples are given below. Remember, your claims may not be for more than $3,000.

- disputes over money owed for security deposits, utility bills or rent;
- claims for the value of damaged, lost or destroyed personal property;
- money damages resulting from an unlawful eviction.

Small Claims Court is not a separate court, but part of the Town Justice Court.

Was this answer helpful?